3.10.2010

How to decide anything really.

“. . . I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me.” (D&C 9:8–9.)

There are many different ways to know who it is that we are to marry and when it is that we are to do so, we should not rush these things and we should not proceed without the confirming answer that comes from our Father in Heaven through his gift to us, the Holy Spirit. And the examples that Elder McConkie gives us with his own marriage I believe to be very insightful. We should make the decision and then take it to the Lord for his approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment