1.25.2010

Law of Chastity

"One aspect of that divinity given to virtually all men and women is the use of His power to create a human body, that wonder of all wonders, a genetically and spiritually unique being never before seen in the history of the world and never to be duplicated again in all the ages of eternity. A child, your child—with eyes and ears and fingers and toes and a future of unspeakable grandeur." SM pg 235 Elder Holland

To one day be a Father, that is all that I dream about. I love children and the knowledge that someday I will be blessed with children of my own is a blessing that is without measure. There is, in my eyes no greater inspiration or encouragement to keep the law of chastity. What shame would there be if I would not be able to look my children in the eye and be able to tell them that I had saved myself for their mother, yet what joy will there be when I’m able to do so. But most of all, above all else I look forward to the day when I will be able to hold my small perfect pure child in my arms and tell them that I love them and be able to have a clear conciseness of all immoral sin, to be pure myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment