“And one good yardstick as to whether a person might be the right one for you is this: in her presence, do you think your noblest thoughts, do you aspire to your finest deeds, do you wish you were better than you are?” President Benson SM pg 51
This is one of my favorite quotes that I have ever heard. I have had this one in my quote book for over a year and use it in my social life on whether or not I should date a girl or even to continue dating her. Because of what I have seen from using this quote as a guide I have a testimony of it as it has gotten me out of relationships that would have never worked. I know that for you to truly love someone you have to feel as if you got the better end of the deal and that you didn’t “downgrade.” Those feelings will only lead to contention. When you feel that you got the better end of the deal you always want to do better so that you are both on “equal footing.” If you both feel that way then you will not have as many problems because instead of looking for ways that the other person can improve you will be looking for ways that you can improve. The great sin of pride is then eliminated allowing for the Holy Spirit to come and truly seal your marriage and dwell in your home.
1.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment