“First of all, I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny. That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make as you grow into mature womanhood. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him.”
“I plead with you young women to please be more accepting of yourselves, including your body shape and style, with a little less longing to look like someone else. We are all different. Some are tall, and some are short. Some are round, and some are thin. And almost everyone at some time or other wants to be something they are not!” Elder Holland (To Young Women)
It is so sad to view the women of the world today. Many have forgotten these simple truths that Elder Holland so bluntly put forth. Not just women of the world but women in the church. Just last Saturday I went to pick up a beautiful daughter of God for a date. When we had walked out the door and were walking away from her apt she said “Dangit, I wore purple with red.” Yes those colors may not go together by I can tell you that I didn’t notice or even care. It was disappointing that she cared so much about color coding. I can tell you know that rarely if ever does a guy care. Most of the time we are just happy that she is actually there and that we weren’t blown off. Dress modestly and don’t worry about your cloths because I can tell you this, we don’t.
1.26.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment