2.11.2010

Family Communication: A Sign of Love

“It takes personal sacrifice to communicate when conditions are right for the other person—during the meal preparation, after a date, a hurt, a victory, a disappointment, or when someone wants to share a confidence. One must be willing to forego personal convenience to invest time in establishing a firm foundation for family communication.” – Elder Marvin J Ashton SM pg 32


I really like this quote, when I read it; it seemed to strike deep into the heart of my life. My family has a lot of communication problems, as long as I can remember it has always been difficult to talk to them about things of importance. I know that it is a two way road and so a lot of the problem lies in me, but I’m trying to be able to communicate with them more. To do this I have started talking to my Mom on almost a daily basis, usually about nothing but more often than not about something important that has happened in my life. It is really hard but with work it is able to be done. I testify of the importance of proper communication in family as a true and difficult expression of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment