“We must have the courage to be imperfect while striving for perfection.” –pg 369
“Competition and jealousy and envy now begin to have no meaning. Just imagine the powerful spirit that would exist in our … society if we finally arrived at the point where, like our Savior, our real desire was to be counted as the least among our sisters (and brothers).” –Sister Patricia T Holland (Eternal Marriage SM pg 370)
I couldn’t help but stop and think when I got to both of these quotes of Sister Holland’s. They both made me want to be better. The first one talking about perfection is a problem that many face including myself. The need to be ok with being imperfect while striving for perfection is almost contradictory in statement and is something that is very hard to do. We have to drop pride and the belief that we are better. This in turn leads to the second quote. Pride is the cause of competition and jealousy and if we can get rid of it then we can hope and desire to be “counted as the least among our sisters” and brothers. To desire to not be the best would be humbling indeed and is something that I fall woefully short in and definitely need to work on. I would encourage you all to do search for times and opportunities through the day where you can be counted as least and to take advantage of it. I believe that that action will cause you to partake of the fruit of the spirit in a greater proportion and you will receive milk without price (see 2 Nephi 9:50).
2.25.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment