2.21.2010

Those who wait for the Lord

"The people of the Lord shall not be ashamed. For the people of the Lord are they who wait for him; for they still wait for the coming of the Messiah." - Jacob, 2 Nephi 6:13

I have probably read this scripture a dozen times and it never really struck me with anything of importance. But this last time that I read it I couldn't help but feel awe and wonder. I asked myself the question, "Do I wait for the Lord?" We all seem to go about our daily lives, living as if there is no end to come, we seek to recieve the glories of those around us and to increase our station in life. When was the last time we actually waited for the Lord to come. Maybe that is when He will come again the second time, when we are actually waiting for him. Right now when we are not waiting for him, it is like saying that we don't need him. Why would the Lord come to us when we reject even the fact that we need him. When we show the Lord that we want and need him by waiting for him then he will come to us in glory and power and deliver us from the powers of evil that beset us. Then we will be the people of the Lord, those who wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment